We’ve finally managed to hang something on our walls. These are the very first nail holes in our newly finished plaster, so it’s been an exciting and stressful couple of days as I’ve made sure the holes are marked in the right place before pre-drilling them and tapping the nails in. I made my calculations while I was taking a highly sedating prescription antihistamine, which made the work even more challenging.
Note: Because our walls are plaster, I pre-drill every hole slightly smaller than the nail being used. This method keeps the plaster and lath from being damaged, prevents blistering when the nail is removed, and makes for a much cleaner hole to patch.
Below is what the wall across from the bed in the master bedroom looked like before the framed wall grid went up.
:: Bare Naked Blues
Below are images of the wall now. Next week, I’ll post a step-by-step how-to for this project. (I can tell you right now that I only spent $20 on the whole thing.)
:: All Gussied Up
:: Sideways Glances
:: Working an Angle
:: Playing Dress-Up
:: Read My Lips
:: What She Said